Thursday, January 27, 2011

Slowly making progress...

We’ll I’m back. My business trip went pretty well, I didn’t drink too much though the west coast time shift did nothing to help my insomnia. I kept sleeping from 6pm to midnight that going out gambling and having a few drinks until 4-5am than sleeping a bit more.

The time since I’ve returned has been improved so far, I’ve only had one slip up but it wasn’t a night I drove. The past few days I’ve managed to sleep with out pills or booze and I’ve been sleeping A LOT. In fact today I pretty much slept all day today. Partially because I’m tired but also because I really had no reason to get out of bed and that is a bit depressing.

The week ahead should be easy, we’ve been having some bad weather here on the east coast so that should keep me grounded from the bars through the weekend. Also I’ve found some house projects to work on as well.

With February right around the corner I’m considering making a run at a dry month, 28 days of no booze. I think I can do it if I find things to keep my mind occupied. My goal is to get to the point where I can have a drink or two and than just stop. Maybe if I just have 1 glass on wine before bed I can get by.

Overall January isn’t looking too bad. I may have managed to cut down to only drinking 14 out of 31 days. I only drank alone once, and I only drove twice. I also managed to twice to go to a bar for dinner and NOT order a drink. I think that’s huge, not exactly a hallmark moment but it’s a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment