Sunday, January 2, 2011

About Last Week

I can’t tell you much about last week because I frankly don’t remember it. Not working was a disaster as I expected, I drank every night and my stupid plan to just order drink I don't like didn't work at all. When I woke up on New Year’s Eve I had my first legit craving for a drink in the morning. I resisted but my sleeping is getting horrible.

Without any structure in my week, I passed out and woke up at random hours, when I do sleep the quality is terrible. I end up wandering around the house all night. I tried some sleeping pills on New Year’s Night – the only day this week I didn’t drink and they didn’t work very well. Even after taking a double dose it still took me 2 ½ hours to fall asleep. I woke up twice during the night, once to eat and once around 8am. I forced myself back to sleep until 10am, which was the only quality sleep I felt like I got.

This week it's back to work, god forbid I ever lose my job. I have 10 days until a business trip, it would be nice to stay dry for those 10 days but shit is already starting to pop up. I’m hoping to start filling my life with more evening activities to keep me from going home and hitting the bottle. This week will probably be the usual gym, gym, poker night (I don’t drink when I gamble), maybe I’ll cash in some of the restaurant gift cards I got for the holiday.

Ugh I can’t write tonight, this week has just sucked. It's 10:24 and I have no hope of sleeping tonight. WTF am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment