Sunday, December 26, 2010

Not as planned…


This week wasn’t terrible but my plans to only drink on Sunday blew up pretty quickly. It’s started mid-week when a friend from out of town stopped over unexpectedly with some beer in hand. The beer was actually fine, but as always I kept on going after he left. I didn’t end up getting to bed until 3am and basically did nothing at work the next day because I actually had a mild hangover.
(That’s what I get for cutting back.)

With my plan already shot to hell and with Friday being a holiday I decided to head out Thursday, I did after all need to deliver my Christmas tips. A $20 at my sports bar and a $50 to my favorite hot weekend bartender, it made me realize I can get away with a ton of BS in those places so long as I drop the occasional 100-150% tip.

Friday I actually did well, had a glass of wine with dinner than actually managed to stop and go home sober. Of course I slept like crap and I’m paranoid about taking any sleep meds even if I’ve only had 1 drinks.

Christmas however, a day I planned on staying sober for, was a complete FAIL. I had a couple beers and the family gathering and went home to battle a bottle of Bacardi – I think it was a tie because we’re both still here. I was drinking out of boredom again. I still need to find something to fill my life.

Today was the usual, at least an oncoming snowstorm kept me local. But I passed out early again and am here fighting the insomnia, if it even is insomnia.

I have an uneasy feeling about the week ahead. My company is closed the week between Xmas & New Years would will lead to me having A LOT of free time and there is really only one place that will lead. At least New Year’s Eve is the one-day a year I actually take a cab home.

I did have a plan on ordering a beer or drink I can’t stand so I’ll drink slower, worth a shot right? I need to get the sleeping issue under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment